What's new

Late Night Harvest Moon Shots

The middle one it is for me! Way nice! I like that one. The detail in both moon and clouds is really pleasing.
 
I like the first one for its brown vignette tint...fitting for the Harvest Moon!

I was hoping to get some shortly after moon rise, but it was cloudy all day. It's a difficult light balance at that time of day, too.
 
The middle one it is for me! Way nice! I like that one. The detail in both moon and clouds is really pleasing.

Thank you, Corinna! That was one of the first sets I took... cloud cover was not very heavy yet.
 
I like the first one for its brown vignette tint...fitting for the Harvest Moon!

I was hoping to get some shortly after moon rise, but it was cloudy all day. It's a difficult light balance at that time of day, too.
Thank you! No vignette added... that was the shot! I was coming home from eating fajita's (and drinking margaritas) about 7pm... and saw the moon. Got home.. and it was buried in deep cloud cover. Went out to check it about 11pm, and it was wide open.. so drug the tripod out. Shot for the next half hour, and got a variety!
 
Very nice Charlie!

I looked up and noticed the moon on my way to bed, admired it nestled in the clouds and thought I would like to take some shots of that! Then carried on to bed lol
I'm glad you stopped to shoot, beautiful captures :)
 
Very nice Charlie!

I looked up and noticed the moon on my way to bed, admired it nestled in the clouds and thought I would like to take some shots of that! Then carried on to bed lol
I'm glad you stopped to shoot, beautiful captures :)

Thanks, Pix! I had to wait for the Margarita's to wear off a bit, lol! But it was fun!
 
Numero uno for me Charlie. The small whisp of cloud appears to be holding the moon. Nicely done.
 
Numero uno for me Charlie. The small whisp of cloud appears to be holding the moon. Nicely done.

Thanks Rick... I am partial to that one myself!
 
The second is my favorite, followed closely by the first.

Thanks Ron.. I appreciate it! (I missed your post earlier somehow!)
 
They look more natural and attractive than magnified ones we used to seeing in forums
 
They look more natural and attractive than magnified ones we used to seeing in forums

Just a different type of shot... for sure! Thanks for he comment.... Always appreciated! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom