Latest roll; C&C please

Fishpaste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lucky number seven... Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited:
Reminds me of coastal Maine.

Excellent shooting! It definitely reminds me of New England. I like the first shot of the bike better because you can see more of the bike and the colors are better in my opinion.

First one, I like the OOF boats and the colours are richer.

Good to hear. In the second shot of the bike, I lowered the contrast and increased the brightness a tad. I felt the first was slightly underexposed, but you're right, the colors are richer.

These were actually taken from the Berkeley Marina (west coast). It's interesting that it inspired an east coast feel. I tend to agree.

Fishpaste said:
Lucky number seven... Tell me what you guys think!

Which is better?

Hey Fishpaste,
Nice shooting. I really like the subject matter and the idea of the first one but I wish the sky weren't blown out to show more detail. Do you shoot RAW? If not I would because theres so much more data in the file sometimes you can actually fix a blown out area with a decent result.

On the bike shots, I like the first better because you see more of the subject matter. However I wish the depth of field was a little deeper, meaning to show the background just a little more in focus. The bike would still remain your focus but the background would be just a little clearer. Also the round object in the bottom right hand corner is distracting for me so I would either crop it out or remove in PS.

All in all great thought behind the shots and nice eye.

It's actually a film camera that I'm using. When I get the photos developed, I save money by asking for a CD while holding off on the prints. The "prints" they do are from a digital scan anyway, no real dark-room magic, so it's just a hassle to get prints and then scan them as I was doing before.

So, there's probably little I can do about the sky now. Any ideas on how to get it better "in camera"?

I'll consider what you said about the DoF. I had a sticky shutter (fixed it now) so I was trying to use faster speeds when possible.

I totally agree about the "round object" and it bothered me the minute I saw this photo. It's actually the bike-rack and I was really sad that it had to be a more contemporary and obtrusive design, totally clashing with the look of the bike itself. I tried to leave as much of it out as possible. If it wasn't there I think I could have gotten more interesting photos. I'll try cloning it out but it will be the first time I attempt to do so for such a large area. Is the crop in the third photo ok?

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back