Launch (need help with this one)

RtS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was taken from down by the starting line this weekend at the World Ford Challenge in St. Louis, MO. I am searching for help with the image exposure/white balance in PS and the crop if anyone has any suggestions. I like this shot, and I want to make it right, since I was fortunate enough to get down by the action. Thanks.

launch.jpg

I was just going to suggest that the sign might be a touch distracting, then I scrolled down a little! Cillie, you missed the fire extinguisher though! I would be tempted to slightly desaturate the background a touch to bring the car out more. That all said, a nice shot with excellent timing. Bet it was noisy!

Rob

ok, I like that cillie...a lot. Is that done with the blur tool in PS? I'll have to try that. Are you content with the values of the image? I couldnt make it look any better than shot when I edited it. Thanks a lot!

First I adjusted the levels a bit then lasso tool, invert selection and gaussian blur.

What do you mean by values? I think i'ts a great shot and as Rob said great timing!!

OK, thanks I will try that tonight. The blur makes the image look that much better.

By values I meant sometimes when I look at it I dont like the exposure and/or white balance, due to the time of day it was shot. Overall I am happy with it though...im just nitpicking.

Thanks again for the PS assistance, it needed that extra "something." Thats why I posted it!

Thanks guys, for the comments and suggestions. You really helped a bunch. I like this shot too, it was one of those shoots like any other where you have a bunch of "almost" good shots, and luckily come home with one or two that capture the moment. I wish I could add sound though...

Most reactions

Back