Layne

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shot in all natural light.

Canon 5D MKI, Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/8, 1/1250th sec, ISO 800.
_mg_8531_by_danostergren-dc95plj.jpg

1/500th sec, f/8, ISO 800
_mg_8635_by_danostergren-dc95plw.jpg

1/400th sec, f/8, ISO 800
_mg_8367_by_danostergren-dc95pls.jpg

Great portraits, yes. Of course. What I really appreciate is the artistry here. I think it's pretty brilliant.

Initially, I thought I was being distracted by the oof branch in front of his eye. Then I realized it drew a line and pulled me straight into his eye. Literally leaning toward the monitor lol.

Always grateful when you share a new set.

I don't care for the branch across the eye. I find it disrupts his gaze.

I agree with this..............

Great portraits, yes. Of course. What I really appreciate is the artistry here. I think it's pretty brilliant.

Initially, I thought I was being distracted by the oof branch in front of his eye. Then I realized it drew a line and pulled me straight into his eye. Literally leaning toward the monitor lol.

Always grateful when you share a new set.
Thank you. I love the harmony and disruption that it brings to the composition. The effect is almost hypnotic for me.

I think the first image works well - the branch through the face adds interest and mystery to a strong facial pose. The third one is a an interesting yuxtaposition of masculine and femenine elements. The second one is my least favorite because my brain jumps to a "gestalt" shaped by a cellphone formed by the bent branch above his right eye - I cannot stop seeing that cellphone stuck to his head, lol!

Good, creative work!

I think the first image works well - the branch through the face adds interest and mystery to a strong facial pose. The third one is a an interesting yuxtaposition of masculine and femenine elements. The second one is my least favorite because my brain jumps to a "gestalt" shaped by a cellphone formed by the bent branch above his right eye - I cannot stop seeing that cellphone stuck to his head, lol!

Good, creative work!
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

Good shoot! I like the casual idea to the 1st image with the defocussed blade of grass in front. I think 3 is the standout portrait artistically. Very well done.

The third is very... Jesus, right? I wondered if that was the intent, or if others had made that connection

Most reactions

Back