What's new

Leader of the Band

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awesome band at a recent wedding I shot... I need to finish correcting all these, but this one made me chuckle.

Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200634%20(2).jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
There is harsh lighting on hi face, so I think that underexposing that part a bit more would help and u could do the same thing witht the people in the background IMO. But a very good shot! well done!
 
I really like it..there is a bit of lighting issue, but such is life in a band..made me chuckle too!
 
If his face is the center of attention, you should crop the very well-lit person behind him. Great expression, and the brightness only needs to be brought down a little.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
The lighting is SO harsh... he had that spot maybe 3' from his face. :lol: To me, it was the best and worst part of the shot simultaneously. It's so overexposed that the dropoff is almost instant when I pull it down- the histogram is basically the side of a cliff, so any lower than this and his face dissapears almost completely, which doesn't work... but yes, at the same time, he looks almost demonic which is a total crack up. :) Glad some folks saw the same thing I did. I'll be curious to hear the band leader's reaction when he sees it. :)

Thanks for the comments, everyone.
 
yes... it is supposed to be over exposed.... otherwise we would have missed the true spirit of the things happening there... :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Thanks, Freq.

If his face is the center of attention, you should crop the very well-lit person behind him. Great expression, and the brightness only needs to be brought down a little.

Nice idea, Ken, I'll play with that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom