Learning Nikon 51 point 3D In action

O'Rork

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on a hunt for moving subjects and came across this group of folks. Glad I took along the little field guide that came in the box with the D-300. I really stumbled around trying to initiate the 3D 51 point. Finally figured it out with a bit of reading the guide and then set the AF tracking to short and it really got on the stick.

I'm still somewhat of a novice and I don't know anybody who can remember the complex workings of this very sophisticated camera, with total recall on demand.

These exposures are straight from the camera with no PP (I'd murder them).

These folks murdered their planes...at least three of them. They weren't novices either. Their equipment failed internally and Wham!

2792892315_f0748aaa71_b.jpg

2792893925_e75eedeb4c_b.jpg

In this last shot, this plane was running and moving right along. I was trying to freeze it sharply. It worked.

2792895235_168bf15dd4_b.jpg

The D300 is your first slr?!
These subjects are very static due to the very central positioning.
As far as remembering what the camera does its intuitive if your used to the Nikon Camera system. Its basically the same for allt he cameras. Once you know one its easy to move to another. as far as everything in the camera... most of the time it is stuff you dont need or bull**** for bull****s sake.

I haven't ventured to the 51 point 3D tracking yet, but my understanding is the the 3D works on colors and gives the camera more information to more likely find the subject to help auto-focus tracking. Your #3 is what I envision it's primary use, the contrast in color.

My thoughts are that the plane turned into brown bread because they were flying it upside down. :lol:

Boogaguy, The D300 is my second dslr. I have a D100 also. The D300 has far greater focus capabilities and ISO performance than the D100 and I'm learning. The first two shots just show the beginning and the end. I'm just thrilled I actually managed to catch another plane in the view finder and the camera locked on it. Thanks for responding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back