Learning Photoshop - How'm I Doing?

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I got a Photoshop for CS2 that I am trying to learn! I took a photo of myself and sharpened it and I tried to soften my skin. It's taken me awhile but I think I am on the right track. I know it's a bit much but what do you think of my progress so far? Am I on the right track or way off? Thanks so much for any input!

original:
PICT1718.jpg

new:
1718edit.jpg

I'm currently trying to work on changing my eye color. Please check out this post I made in Photoshop Challenges to see if maybe you can help me. Thank you so much!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1070175#post1070175

Edit: sorry about not adding the original photo! I know better than to not include it!

I'm pretty sure you're way off.

If you soften the skin, you want to try and leave the lines in your face closer to natural. This way you don't look like a blowup doll.

I'm not an expert so here is my amateur opinion. If you are going to change the color/texture of the face, make sure to match the rest of the exposed skin, it makes it look like you photoshopped a different head and body together. Otherwise I like the look of your edit so far.

I'm not an expert so here is my amateur opinion. If you are going to change the color/texture of the face, make sure to match the rest of the exposed skin, it makes it look like you photoshopped a different head and body together. Otherwise I like the look of your edit so far.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I didn't just soften my face I did the entire picture and it still turned out like that. I'm thinking it may have been my makeup or something like that....I hope not! LOL...but I did notice that. I'm still trying to work on all that! Thanks though!

I think it kinda of depends on the original to tell if you are on the right track. Cant tell Exhibit A from Exhibit B

Just remember, Levels are you best friend in photoshop. Curves is a bit much and overwhelming for a beginner. If I was going to start somewhere, it would be there.

The wall and your hair are to much of the same tone. You need to stand out from your background! I would start with a new picture and keep at it! Photoshop is a wonderful tool, congrats on obtaining it :)

I think it kinda of depends on the original to tell if you are on the right track. Cant tell Exhibit A from Exhibit B

Just remember, Levels are you best friend in photoshop. Curves is a bit much and overwhelming for a beginner. If I was going to start somewhere, it would be there.

The wall and your hair are to much of the same tone. You need to stand out from your background! I would start with a new picture and keep at it! Photoshop is a wonderful tool, congrats on obtaining it :)

Eek! Sorry about not including the original (I have since added it to my Original Post!) I know that I need to include the original picture, how else are people going to know how I've improved/continued to suck? LOL...I'm not sure what you mean by levels & curves? I just followed what the book said to do..I just added layers and messed with the layers. I don't think I changed any curves..just added the Gaussian Blur, changed opacity and layer masking? Is that what you meant? Sorry to be so retarded, I just don't know! LOL! Thank goodness for this book though! I'm learning so much more than I thought I would! I LOVE IT! Thanks for the tips though! I'm trying to change my hair color (the book teaches me how) but I'm not sure how well that will go! :)
Thanks again!

Yeah, I wasnt being as specific as use levels on this picture, just pointing out that it something you will want to fool around with since you are new to photoshop! I use a Mac, but I assume its the same in the PC world. Just go to Image > Adjustments > Levels. Ctrl+L is probably the PC shortcut, if its anything like the mac version. The book most definitely should explain levels, its a a crucial tool. There isnt much to contrast in this picture, so its usefulness will be at a minimum

Most reactions

Back