leave

I am getting conflicting messages from the photo. The girl is obviously supposed to be upset but what about the guy. He is just sitting there. He should have a more menacing pose like him standing over her. Just a thought.

Whats worse.. a guy being beating his chest after beating the hell out of her.. or a guy actinig like that is a normal every day event.. no big deal? One is a a$$hole.. the other is a Psychopath!

Last edited:
Looks like he's sitting there with a bottle of sorts. I get it. I like it too. I think if you had to back it up so you could get him standing over her or in the background it would lose the emotion.

However... there's a couple mental tricks at play here. He's smaller than she is, in the image, which goes against what I'm assuming is an attempt at intimidation. He also looks fairly relaxed, as much as we can tell from the blurriness of him. Or if he's supposed to be sad, head in his hands, stuff like that. You might want to play with shadows, or different positions, study up on body language. I think you have a great start here.

Looks like he's sitting there with a bottle of sorts. I get it. I like it too. I think if you had to back it up so you could get him standing over her or in the background it would lose the emotion.

However... there's a couple mental tricks at play here. He's smaller than she is, in the image, which goes against what I'm assuming is an attempt at intimidation. He also looks fairly relaxed, as much as we can tell from the blurriness of him. Or if he's supposed to be sad, head in his hands, stuff like that. You might want to play with shadows, or different positions, study up on body language. I think you have a great start here.

This is kind of what I was getting at but you put it better. I feel her emotion but we are kind of left to assume what may be going on with him.

Maybe him pointing towards a door or something could help. Like he is motioning for her to leave.

Last edited:

This is kind of what I was getting at but you put it better. I feel her emotion but we are kind of left to assume what may be going on with him.

Maybe him pointing towards a door or something could help. Like he is motioning for her to leave.

I dont think he wants her to leave. I think she is thinking she NEEDS to leave.I like the photo, wouldn't change anything.

I think it works really well. Usually women in these sorts of situations don't leave. They say that he'll change or I still love him or I'll stay for the kids etc. I like it that he's not standing over her.. she's thinking.. he couldn't give a stuff.. don't change a thing, IMHO.

DiskoJoe said:
I am getting conflicting messages from the photo. The girl is obviously supposed to be upset but what about the guy. He is just sitting there. He should have a more menacing pose like him standing over her. Just a thought.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. He's too nonchalant. the girl is great though.

DiskoJoe said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. He's too nonchalant. the girl is great though.

Sometimes it is more abusive to be nonchalant and to just be "cold"...abuse doesn't necessarily have to be physical and intimidating. For me this works all the more because he is how he is...I read a massive backstory into this.

I totally agree with you here. I'm always extremely critical but this is a good photo. Not perfect, but very very good.

I dont think he wants her to leave. I think she is thinking she NEEDS to leave.I like the photo, wouldn't change anything.

I think this works well for a few reasons. To me I see this as the aftermath of a huge fight and she is crying and he is sitting against the wall regretting what has happened. I get this from him because of his head back against the wall and slumped posture. I take is as either a huge fight which he regrets or they just broke up and he is not happy about it either. Finally I think it works because it has sparked so much discussion about what the picture says and there are several interpretations. If the OP was going for the more angry abusive look from the man I don't get that and if that was the goal then a more forward posture of the man would make that work and maybe him on a chair to give him the towering/larger appearance and a feeling of power. But to me I think it is great the way it is.

Most reactions

Back