leaving for austria, and im worried about customs when coming back to the states.

Reaction score
as im starting to plan my trip to Austria in june/july, i will be taking about $1500.00 in camera equipment, which was all bought in florida, and was going to bring my laptop also. i am flying out of miami, and have no problem bringing everything to Austria, the only problem is when i come back to miami fro austria, i am worried that customs will no let me through with no problem.

so i was wondering if there was anyway that i could have any papers signed stating that all my equipment was bought in the state.

thank you for any help

I'm not against doing this to be safe but in lots of international travel I've never been questioned about this issue.

It may only come into play when traveling with much more equipment. $1500 is virtually nothing when it comes to photography gear. When I pack light, I carry $6-7k in equipment and another $2k in my laptop.

You will be fine. Just make sure you dont put it in the box to make it look brand new and you just purchased it there. It is fine.

I'm not against doing this to be safe but in lots of international travel I've never been questioned about this issue.

thats the thing, im sure ill be fine, but i dont want to take the chance.

It may only come into play when traveling with much more equipment. $1500 is virtually nothing when it comes to photography gear. When I pack light, I carry $6-7k in equipment and another $2k in my laptop.

i agree that $1500 is not much, but its alot of money that i dont want to lose, so im just taking some precautions, and thank you for the links.

You will be fine. Just make sure you dont put it in the box to make it look brand new and you just purchased it there. It is fine.

i have it in a tamrac backpack, think it will be ok? and im bringing my laptop also

Most reactions

Back