Which eye do you shoot with?

• Right eye shooter

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Left eye shooter

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Live view shooter

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
You know, some people don't know what eye is dominant or even that they have a dominant eye. I am right handed and right eyed so I never have a problem with changing settings. Guess I am lucky...hm not really.;)

This is actually quite a big deal in archery: Eye Dominance Test

And then there are those of us who do not have a dominant eye - both are equal. As a former competative archer - yes, it was a big deal. - TF

I actually used to use my left eye, but I had problem with lymph deposits clogging it up (now cleared up, thank goodness) due an illness I have, so I started using my right eye and just stuck with it.

*does tests*
wow appears that I am infact right eye dominant and not left eye -- so why do I focus most with my left eye?

The only reason I focus with my left eye is because I like having my face behind my camera - I think I'm paranoid someone is gonna throw something at me, and the camera blocks my face that way. :lol: But now I can't use my right eye. I have tried, but I can't.

The problem i face with being a a left eyed shooter is that it is much harder to keep both eyes open whilst composing as much of the camera is blocking the right non-dominant eye.

I know videotographers shoot with both eyes open, but why would a still photographer want to do that?

This eye dominance test shows that I am left eye but I cant wink that way nor do I soot a weapon aim or camera like this hmmmm if I swithced ai wonder.......I am not an archer but if I were I would still use left eye do to the fact I woul have to pull with the right it is just natural . and I can only wink one way.

Left-eyed. I've tried to force myself to use my right eye many times, but I just can't get the habit.

If you're hanging upside-down, does your right eye now become your left eye?! LOL :)

If you're hanging upside-down, does your right eye now become your left eye?! LOL :)
Hold both hands out in front of you with the index finger and thumb extended. Does the same hand still produce an "L" when you look at it while hanging upside down? That would be your left hand. :lol:

i've never even thought about which eye i use, but i'm right handed and use my right eye probably because i have difficulty closing my right eye but also because my nose gets in the way of my right hand.

Oh I'm a righty through and through! Why would you be anything else? The most important controls are on the right, so I can't have my big face blocking them. Plus, I sometimes like to shoot with both eyes open; the right one through the viewfinder and the left one at my surroundings. When I'm in the chaos of a wedding scene, or anywhere there are tons of people, I need to know if I'm going to bowl someone over if I take a few steps forward, but I also need to be ready to take a shot at any moment. It's quite frenetic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back