Leica likes their lenses!!

Mike_E

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The new Summarit-M lenses that were announced yesterday now have a rice.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_UK_confirms_SummaritM_lens_prices_news_135230.html

These are for the UK but anyway...
Designed to be used on rangefinder cameras - such as the Leica M8 digital camera - the new range will be priced as follows:

The Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 (£890); Summarit-M 50mm f/2.5 (£690); Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5 (£890); and Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 (£890).

The lenses are due in stores from the end of November.

Until 31 March 2008, customers will be able to order different lens kits, offering different combinations of lenses to achieve cost savings, says Leica.

They will be dispatched to order from Leica's factory in Solms, Germany. 'The sets will be sold only on a firm order basis and are not returnable,' according to a statement issued by Leica Camera.

Just in case, you know, somebody wanted to know. :wink:
lowresSummarit%20lenses.jpg

(from the web site amature photographer.uk)

mike

for any camera you need a good lens. So I love my lens too but I prefer canon though. once you have a lens you can use it on many other cameras. this will save you money in the long run!

Ah, Leica lenses... where the most affordable one is more expensive than most Canon L glass... but smaller than a Canon battery....

The "M"-mount has become the default rangefinder mount, and there are several manufacturers (past and present) that make lenses that fit the M-mount. Some legendary ones are still currently in production (the Leica 50mm f/1 Noctilux, the Leica 75mm f/1.4 Summilux) and some that are no longer being made (the Canon 50mm f/0.95).

I also have a big crush on my super-beefy Voigtlaender 35mm f/1.2 Nokton.

But Todd, these lenses only work on Rangefinders. It's a different beast, they are much smaller than a SLR lens, and won't fit on those. Just fyi.

Most reactions

Back