Leica SL2

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Before the "L-Mount Alliance" I would have considered the Leica SL2 a sort of "sad" product. It is a good viable camera, but at what I consider (to this day) an un-viably high price. I would have thought that a few rich dilatant photographers might buy them, and it was nice to see that the industry could still support a "money is no object" product, but otherwise, it would have been just a curiosity piece.

But right now, I have to say that L-Mount has become just as interesting as Canon, Nikon and Sony. Almost magically, over the last few months the whole series has become as worth considering for still and video as the "big three". And into this space enters the new Leica SL2, which is sort of the "Unicorn" product. Almost mythical, but actually in this case real. Seriously, there really is a Leica SL2, and you will be able to buy one! Availability is scheduled for Nov 21, 2019, for $5,995 US.

"Field Test: The Leica SL2 is a far better camera than I ever expected it to be"
by Jaron Schneider, Nov 6, 2019 by Imaging Resource

"Field Test: The Leica SL2 is a far better camera than I ever expected it to be"

Oddly enough, there was one for sale on my local Craigslist just a couple of weeks ago.
Since I wasn't familiar I searched on the web and could not find anything indicating it was actually available, the only links were specification previews and speculation.

I just read the review, or more correctly the user report, and it sounds like a very fine camera. A few months ago I had the chance to hold and examine another L Mount camera, the Panasonic S1. That was a nice camera, but I can tell from reading this user report that the Leica SL2 is a camera with world-class build, and has exemplary engineering underlying its subsystems.

Last edited:
That's just it, Leica in that price range I have a really good feeling is going to get proper company support, and keep the price if you sell it for some reason.

Canon, sony, Fuji, or Nikon in that price range just don't have that appearance

Most reactions

New Topics

Back