Interchangeable Lens Cameras v. Mounts: The "Biggest?"

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This report is more interesting for investors than camera users, and even then is more sensational than useful. It reports by brand name alone, which is not completely useless, but almost. For example: Sony is a big manufacturer of "mirror-less". I have no doubt about that. But Canon seems almost as big with "1.05 million". The problem is, how much of that is their "R" series? The problem is that there is no compatibility between "R" and "M" series (yet -- it is NOT impossible, it just has not been done). If you want to buy the most popular between Canon "R" and Nikon "Z", this will not tell you. On the other hand, OM has recently claimed that M4:3 is the largest supported mount in the industry. I believe that to be true. But it is supported by Panasonic and Olympus and a handful of smaller companies, so it does not "show up" here. Likewise, "L-Mount" is not represented directly here. It is supported by Panasonic, Leica and Sigma. From what I have seen, Panasonic is heavily used in the video field, including their "L-Mount" bodies. So what have we learned? Food fight fodder.

"Report: Sony tops mirrorless production in 2020 with Canon close behind"
Mar 28, 2021 by Gannon Burgett for DPReview.com
"Report: Sony tops mirrorless production in 2020 with Canon close behind"

Most reactions

Back