SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All. Need some help please.

Q1. Can someone recommend a Nikon to Fuji X adapter that will allow me to change aperture on both a lens with (Lensbaby Velvet 56 Nikon mount) and one without an external aperture ring (AFS Nikkor Micro 105mm 2.8 G ED)?

Q2. If using an adapter and extension tubes, which order do things go in? I’ve never used an adapter before.

Last edited:
No 0ne? I’m moving this to the Fuji forum.

You'd have to put the adapter on the body if the lens and tubes are F mount. If the tubes are Fuji mount, the adapter would go between them and the lens.

Tubes are Fuji mount. Thanks!

So body then extension rings then adapter then lens?

If that allows everything to mount up

What do you mean?

Fuji camera > Nikon to Fuji Adapter > Nikon Extension Tubes > Nikon Lens.

Or

Fuji camera > Fuji Extension Tubes > Nikon to Fuji Extension > Nikon Lens.

Yeah on reflection, it was a pretty dumb question. Will only work one way defending on adapter. Duh!

The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.

Some of the MFT adapters I have include a variable extension tube.
If similar things are available for the Fuji they are well worth getting!
I can go from infinity focus to extended macro use without dismounting the lens.
IIRC the maximum extension they give is ~12mm, but unlike tubes allow you have just 1mm if that's all you need. If longer extension is needed they can always be combined with standard tubes & still allow tweaking of the total extension length :)
A quick check on e-bay shows a Fuji to EOS version (which can then be converted to Nikon) is available <£30 Canon EOS Lens to Fujifilm X-Pro2 E2 FX FUJI Adapter Macro Focusing Helicoid | eBay

Another version that goes straight to Nikon G is available too but quite a bit more expensive (but gives aperture control) Kipon Nikon F mount G lens to Fujifilm Fuji X Adapter Macro Helicoid X-Pro1 T1 | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wondered why there'd be extension tube kits, requiring you to dismount/mount/dismount/mount/etc. your lenses, and not variable-length extension tubes. Figured there had to be reasons, so thought no further about it. Upon seeing your post I went looking. Only thing I could find for Canon DSLRs was a Savage Macro Art Extension Tube for Canon EF/EF-S Mount. The lone review on Amazon was anything but positive.

I wondered why there'd be extension tube kits, requiring you to dismount/mount/dismount/mount/etc. your lenses, and not variable-length extension tubes. Figured there had to be reasons, so thought no further about it. Upon seeing your post I went looking. Only thing I could find for Canon DSLRs was a Savage Macro Art Extension Tube for Canon EF/EF-S Mount. The lone review on Amazon was anything but positive.

EF lenses require electrical control of the aperture so make variable length tube much more awkward. They work well for simpler lenses where no control linkages are required. The set I use most are MFT to EF, but I've never tried them with EF lenses adapting then to OM, M42, PK... (I also have some older M42-M42 versions & a MFT to M42 set which is 0.4mm too long for infinity focus)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back