my new Fujinon f/4 10 - 24mm zoom lens

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In April 2022 I bought 2 new Fujinon lenses, recently found some time to try out my new Fujinon f/4 10 - 24mm zoom lens. I was actually planning to switch completely to primes, but unfortunately Fuji has nothing to offer in this (wide-angle) area other than a 16 or a 14 mm prime and for me that is really too little, I'd rather not have a Zeiss or non-AF lenses, so choice is minimal.
At first glance, the 10 - 24mm zoom appears to be a hefty size, but it's not too bad as the lens feels good when shooting and the controls are smooth. The fixed aperture F/4 is absolutely no obstacle for such a (super) wide-angle lens. I'm surprised by the enormous sharpness of this lens to the corners, because although I always hear from everyone that the kit lens 18 - 55mm performs so fantastically, I've never achieved such razor-sharp results with the kit lens. this 10 - 24mm zoom clearly stands out.

This weekend I also hope to try out my new Fujinon f/1.4 - 56 mm. Trading in one of my (10-year-old) X-E1+ kit lens 18-55 mm and purchasing these two new lenses I now have the perfect combination for the type of photography that appeals to me the most. The attached photos were made for fun with a Fuji X-T20 I bought in the fall of 2021 with the plan to have this camera converted to infrared, so far it has not happened and to be honest I've hardly used this camera in the past few months.

Last edited:
The Fuji system is a sleeper that's overlooked IMHO because of its APS-C sensor bodies. Is there a dud Fujinon lens? Haven't found one yet.

The Fuji system is a sleeper that's overlooked IMHO because of its APS-C sensor bodies. Is there a dud Fujinon lens? Haven't found one yet.
I agree, I sold my Nikon gear and went with Fuji: Xt2 used, X Pro 3 new, Both are great rigs and suit me just fine for my purposes. Shot Nikon for 55 years and never thought I'd change, Image quality is great and for my arthritic nearly 80 year body, the savings in weight is terrific. Most recent Nikon was a D780 with a zoom. Great rig as stated heavy. Fuji X Pro 3 with 23mm lens my favorite.
Only gripe: with Fuji: small control buttons and a couple of switches.

Most reactions

Back