Zeeshan Mitra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am a photography student pursuing my masters in commercial photography, recently I have been getting assignments to shoot events, like carnivals, weddings, concerts , these assignments are both paid and some are given by college. I shoot with NIkon so currently I have a 18-55 kit lens and 35mm prime. But the problem I am facing now is that while shooting events both the lenses end up letting me down on reach coz sometimes I just cant get close enough physical so I wish I had that extra reach, plus lowlight performance with 18-55 is just not good enough. And from next month we will be given assignments on fashion and product photography. So I have decided to get a new lens, since being a student I don't have much money, so I can buy only 1 lens. I have shortlisted 2 lens 1)Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 and 2) Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 G2.

So I would be really grateful if someone could help me get the right lens for my needs that is events, fashion and product photography.

Thank you

The two lenses you mentioned are nice, but the 24-70 isn't much longer than your 18-50, so the 70-200 is probably a better option.

Tamron also do a 70-300mm vc USD that is quite nice and relatively cheap and may be a good option if you are not often shooting in low light

The two lenses you mentioned are nice, but the 24-70 isn't much longer than your 18-50, so the 70-200 is probably a better option.

Tamron also do a 70-300mm vc USD that is quite nice and relatively cheap and may be a good option if you are not often shooting in low light
Thank you so much for replying, I was also contemplating about 70-200mm . I have the 70-300mm from Tamron the SP VC version, so I guess I will use that. Again thanks a lot, you helped me a lot, can't thank you enough.

If you already have an 18-55 and a 70-300mm and a 35prime, you have an awful lot covered.

It might be a better idea to buy something like a longer faster prime to get a little focal length and extra speed. I'm not sure exactly what prime would be best, but maybe something like a 85mm f1.8 would complement what you have with a lower light option

Most reactions

Back