lens baby v.s. knock off fish eye

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
has anyone worked with the control freak which is this one

Lensbaby - The Control Freak

and has anyone ever gotten something like this...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Panoramic-Fisheye-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0017W70JE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1228364897&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye Lens for Nikon D700, D300, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70, D60, D50, D40, D40x, D2HS, D2XS, D3 Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo[/ame]

i know the lensbabies are really awesome but money is tight but i dont want to throw my money away and get something if its going to break on me the first time ill take it out

I don't think you fully realize what these two things do. One is a tilt shift lens, which puts parts of your image out of focus, and the other is a wide angle converter, which sits on top of a regular lens and makes it a wider angle.

It's like you're asking us whether it's better to buy a pickup truck or a hockey stick. They're totally different things.

hahaha yeah i know i like the lensbaby because its got a great way to play around with different views but i also want a fish eye lense but cant afford a good one. just looking for an opinion i guess. and also to see if anyone knows if the fish eye is any good.

anyone know the quality of those fish eye lenses?

I'd say neither unless you are really seeking one. Both have very limited uses.

yeah i know they have limited uses but thats ok. i would just like a new lense to play around with

Most reactions

Back