Lens cap replacement

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to replace the stock lens cap on my 70-200. The problem is that Canon is living in it's own little world and makes terribad lens caps. When the hood is on, there is absolutely no way to take the cap off or put it on because the locks are on the side of the cap instead of being in the middle. I am looking to replace this silly cap with something like this Bower CS77 77mm Pro Snap-On Lens Cap CS77 B&H Photo Video

This should work pretty good right? Or are there any other better alternatives?

I use oem ones but that style. Works much better when the hood is on.

Nikon caps look like the one you linked. I've never had any problems with hoods on or off.

That center-pinch design is the original Tamron style, which Nikon adopted in the early 2000's. It is a nice style of pinch-on cap for use with a lens hood fitted....very handy!

Check out eBay, I bought a few center pinch caps a while ago. Some come branded for Canon, some say "Design for Canon". The ones I bought were for smaller lenses, but it might be worth a look. They're really cheap too, under $5.00 shipped.

wangxin said:
I use oem ones but that style. Works much better when the hood is on.

Why would you quote something word for word, basically a straight copy and paste, with your first post?

Most reactions

Back