lens compatability

I think it will work. Its a CPU manual focus lens so it should work with any manual camera or autofocus CPU camera like the N75. Virtually any lens nikon has made since 1959 will work on any camera they have made since then as well. The limitations are typically the ability to meter.

K

notelliot said:
will a Nikkor 45mm 1:2.8 P http://www.nikon.ca/products/45-28p/

function with an F75? the manual says AI-P Nikkor just misses out on autofocus and 3D Matrix metering.

:confused:

Yes it will work just fine. No autofocus and no 3D matrix metering (standard matrix metering will work). Otherwise all other exposure and metering modes work just as with any autofocus lens.

is not having the 3D matrix metering going to throw my exposures off? i've only ever used that with this camera..

is not having the 3D matrix metering going to throw my exposures off? i've only ever used that with this camera..

No. 3D matrix is most useful when using a flash that can "talk" to both the lens and camera. The flash exposes the background better with 3D than a standard flash while still exposing the foreground properly. For 99.9% of normal shooting you will see no difference in the exposure without 3D matrix. I have the 35 year old version of this lens, long before the chip was introduced. I have used it with cameras from the 1969 FTn, through the D1X and find it at home with any of them.

jstuedle said:
No. 3D matrix is most useful when using a flash that can "talk" to both the lens and camera. The flash exposes the background better with 3D than a standard flash while still exposing the foreground properly. For 99.9% of normal shooting you will see no difference in the exposure without 3D matrix. I have the 35 year old version of this lens, long before the chip was introduced. I have used it with cameras from the 1969 FTn, through the D1X and find it at home with any of them.

:mrgreen: i don't even own a flash for this camera other than the speedflash in the camera, and i've never used it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back