SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I went out to take some photos today. Unfortunately few of them got a flare on them. I work in Aperture and I tried using the retouch brush to correct the flare, but it didn't help much. Do you know any other, more reliable, way of removing lens flare?

Thanks, Paul

The original.
dsc113012tonemappedvers.jpg

My attempt to remove the flare.
dsc113012tonemapped1.jpg

I do not know about the software Aperture. Is there a "Patch Tool" in Aperture? That may help. But of course, without trying it, I am not 100% positive.

Just wondering, do you have a filters on your lens when the photo was taken?

I do not know about the software Aperture. Is there a "Patch Tool" in Aperture? That may help. But of course, without trying it, I am not 100% positive.

Just wondering, do you have a filters on your lens when the photo was taken?

I'm not sure about the patch tool. I tried cloning, but the patched area looks quite bad (as you see on the example) :/ Aren't there any programs for flare removal?
I didn't use any filters. It's an hdr (3 images).

I'm a newb, but from what I've read the best way to reduce lens flare is a multi-coated UV filter? Maybe a polarized filter would work also... but may not give you the greatest HDR composition I don't know.

I'm not sure what you think is the problem with the corrected photo, but I think it looks great.

None of my lenses produce any flare, but I have uncoated filters. I just remove the filter whenever I shoot into a bright light source.

Ok here is my try. I can do better but I'm tired and about to go to sleep. I used the clone and patch tools. I also removed the power lines on the right.
dsc113012tonemappedvers.jpg

Or, you could shoot it with my 70-200, leaving you with an interpretive flare photo.

Paul,

I think your edit is fine. The only comment would be your center horizon still having that dull flourescent green (and thats only because we see the original).

Most reactions

Back