Lens Help

I know you want it NOW, because I did. Honestly-wait, save up and buy something with some better glass. You can't find anything 'great' in that $ range. (new of course)

You really won't be happy with any of those. None are true 1:1 macros.
If sub $200 is your budget, invest in a set of Kenko extension tubes.

So better off to get the cheap D50 kit lens (just so i HAVE a lens to work with) and then save for what? Right now this what what i am getting.

I'd prefer a 50mm/f1.8 over a kit lens myself. People want the zoom, but usually don't realize how to use it right. I think the wider aperture trumps the range in focal lengths if you only have one lens.

ya i was looking at the 50mm. I like it. It is not made for digitals but i understand it will still work on a digital, but the automatic zoom will not work? is this correct?

-Tatum- said:
ya i was looking at the 50mm. I like it. It is not made for digitals but i understand it will still work on a digital, but the automatic zoom will not work? is this correct?

i think you mean the auto focus, yes that does function with a dslr. I have both the kit lens and the 50mm 1.8, i do use the prime lens more now than the kit lens, but it depends what range of subjects you want to start shooting.

yes thats exactly what i meant. How well does the 50mm do on macro shots? and wide angles?

If you want to do macro or close up with the 50mm you'll have to get either the magnification filters (usually come in a set of three), or extension tubes, so that you can get in closer to your subject. I believe the extension tubes have a better result as your still using the lens glass. If you want to do wide angles you'll need a wide angle lens seperatly.

Tatum

I highly recommend extension tubes. I've had great success with these over the years. I think a lot of people don't realize how simple they are to use. They're relatively inexpensive. The big advantage is that all you're doing is adding an empty tube between the camera and your regular lens; since there's no glass, you don't degrade the image or lose any light. They're terrific for macro work.

Could someone point me too some macro extension tubes :Like a link

Most reactions

Back