Lens question

or you could go to a camera store and ask them what size and try some on...

I've been searching for hours, but considering this is my first camera and I'm 14 and don't understand any of it, it is like another language, which is why I asked here

Jeepers. Look here.

And then look at the 9th result.

Also, it's a forum. Not a chat room. It will take more than ten minutes for people to respond.

Thanks. Jeepers is a funny word :lol: and can you send an exact link because theres a few ways that the 9th entry can be interputed( because there are store ads in the middle that may change ) thanks

For the love of...READ THE PAGE. The filter size is clearly stated in the synopsis of the link. If you can't bother to read through what you might think is the eighth, ninth, and tenth links just to be sure you find the one I'm talking about, then you're just being incredibly lazy.

also no camera stores where I am. Only Best Buy ( they don't know much about cameras even in the camera department)

Jeepers. Look here.

And then look at the 9th result.

Also, it's a forum. Not a chat room. It will take more than ten minutes for people to respond.

Thanks. Jeepers is a funny word :lol: and can you send an exact link because theres a few ways that the 9th entry can be interputed( because there are store ads in the middle that may change ) thanks

For the love of...READ THE PAGE. The filter size is clearly stated in the synopsis of the link. If you can't bother to read through what you might think is the eighth, ninth, and tenth links just to be sure you find the one I'm talking about, then you're just being incredibly lazy.

as i said to her I don't know what most of this means I'm just trying to learn and I'm not exactly sure what to look for besides the words "filter size" (which I can't seem to find in the 9th 10th 11th links)

Heres the main stuff i found if anyone could please help ( i apologise for my ignorance on the topic :lol: but thats why I'm here , isn't it? )

Lens Cap 37mm for Coolpix 8700

Lens Cap 52mm for Coolpix 8700

Lens Cap 58mm for Coolpix 8700

Lens Cap 62mm for Coolpix 8700

Lens Cap 72mm for Coolpix 8700

site #2:
System compatibility: The Coolpix 8700 is compatible with a broad range of quality accessories, including Wideangle Converter WC-E80, Telephoto Converter TC-E15ED, Fisheye Converter FC-E9, Remote Cord MC-EU1 and Lens Hood HR-5700. This also includes Lens Hood HN-CP11, which accommodates the attachment of a lens filter (77mm dia.).

The Coolpix 8700's flash hotshoe works with a broad range of Nikon's external SB-series Speedlights for even more flexibility in flash photography. The AA Battery Pack MB-E5700 is also compatible with the Coolpix 8700. (Offers vertical shutter release feature as well)
8x Zoom-Nikkor; 8.9 - 71.2mm [35mm (135) format equivalent to 35 - 280mm] f/2.8-4.2 with macro; 14 elements in 10 groups; all elements are made of environmentally friendly glass; Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) applied; two glass molded ED lens elements included
Standard ISO hot-shoe contact with safety lock. External Speedlight Hotshoe connects to external Nikon Speedlight SB-800/50DX/30/22s; built-in Speedlight can be canceled when using external Speedlight(s)
Fisheye Converter FC-E9, Wideangle Converter WC-E80, Telephoto Converter TC-E15ED, Step-Down Ring Lens Adapter UR-E12, Lens Hood HR-E5700, Lens Hood HN-CP11, AC Adapter EH-53, Car Battery Charger (12V DC in) MH-53C, Remote Cord MC-EU1, Soft Case CS-CP11, Various size CompactFlash™ cards

I hate to say it but.......Read your users manual. If you don't have the users manual you can download it from Nikon.

www.nikonusa.com

Thanks! same info is on those other sites I just don't know what I'm looking for...please be patient :sillysmi:

Nope, patience is gone. It's time, you're starting to whine:

Consider changing your screen name too, seriously.

Dontfeedthetroll.jpg

i'm not getting what your saying but I got an answer (thru pm to avoid people who come to a beginner forum but get mad at beginners) so if anybody needs the answer pm me and I'll send you the answer!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back