Lensbaby MFT combo

rbraden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Never posted in this forum before. Some great stuff here. A lensbaby muse plopped on a canon to mft adapter on an epl-1. Kind of fun (and prolly just a little overdone, still kinda like it ok though :oops:).

P1010624u.jpg

Sorry dont like it. What's the point of a Lens baby except to screw up the image and make it look like a miniature train village look. I noticed for the first time a new tv series called Fairly Legal. Some scenes when they are zipping around town have the lens baby look to them. Definately NOT an improvement.

Dirtfan. Im curious what exactly is it you like about a blurry image?

Sometimes it's a cool effect. This particular image doesn't do anything for me though...

Josh, as I said, this image doesn't really do anything for me either, but it was lots of fun taking it. They ain't all gonna be gallery pieces :D. Bynx, imho, here's the point: I shoot a lot with a 5d, a 7d, and some good glass, so I know what that's about (and no I'm not a full time pro or whatever), but I also shoot a lot just for fun and just for me. That's the times I get to do whatever I want. I love to got out with an epl-1, a lens adapter, and a Canon nifty-50 (which means I can only shoot at 1.8) and the Lensbaby. It's fun. I never want to lose the fun in photography ;). Here's another shot, just a meaningless, but again fun (oh, and there was drinking involved :lol:) from the same day...

P1010724u.jpg

and here's what this Godawful rig looks like...

IMG_5141u.jpg

rbraden, your approach is exactly right. Dont lose the fun in photography and do whatever it is you want to keep that fun aspect alive. Every shot I take is for me and fun also. It would be a sad day if the fun ever fades. But at the same time I constantly strive to take a better, clearer, sharper image and just see a Lensbaby as something both expensive and counterproductive. Im always looking at peoples images thinking to myself or saying to them, great shot if only more of it was in focus. But, if you find making blurry images is fun, then go for it.

Bynx,
I agree with, on some levels. Sometimes it's important that everything is sharp and in focus, but, sometimes what you can't really see clearly helps define what you're focus is on. I am by no means saying you are wrong. Just saying that some times the blurry stuff helps us to focus on the important things...

P1011234u.jpg

Photography is an art and a science, some people loose the art and try to make completely a science. Sad =(

I think some great things can come from lensbaby as an art form, as with anything it's the holder not the held that makes the picture amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back