Lense values

CraigAs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have several lenses that I no longer use and would like to find out if they have any value. I have:
Tokina 500 mm mirror reflex lense
Vintar 28 - 200 mm lense
Kiron Match Mate Doubler
JC Penney 135 mm lense

These all fit a Pentax K100 camera
I also have the camera which i assume works but have not used any of these items for about 10 years.

I would like to sell them but do not know if they are worth trying to sell.

I suspect the 28-200 lens is actually a Vivitar, rather than Vintar as you've typed it.
The mirror lens if in reasonable condition might sell for ~$100 (truly good examples of old mirror lenses are sadly very rare as the surfaces tend to tarnish).
I wouldn't expect more than about $15-20 for any of the others. Searching SOLD listings on e-bay will give you an idea of what people actually pay, bearing in mind the condition has a very significant effect on many lens prices
PK lenses are all usable with Pentax DSLRs, and can be adapted to most mirrorless models.

Yes, you are correct. It is a Vivitar. Thank you for your input. Yes, the 28mm - 200mm is in excellent condition as is the 500 mm mirror reflex.

I actually have a Kiron doubler that was included with something else I bought years ago. It never got past sitting in the "box of misfits" in my basement, because the optical clarity ... well, it wasn't.

JC Penny and Sear's Roebuck both sold many camera lenses through their catalogs (all long before the internet existed). I think(?) those lenses were made by ... Tokina before Tokina had built up a stronger business base. They've made plenty of good MF lenses, so that lens might be okay. But I think it still won't pull in much of a resale price.

I found that using this doubler with the 500 mirror reflex created an awesome image. One night I was photographing a full moon using this combination and it had great clarity. It was such a large image that you had to reset the camera for each shot due to the fact that the moon was moving across the sky so fast, when enlarged that much.

Most reactions

Back