Lenses and flash unit price hike

WooHoo! Now Nikon owners can brag even more about how much they pay for stuff. With competitors like Sigma and Tamron snapping at the heels of Nikon and Canon in the lens field, and Yongnuo nailing both their butts to the fence on flashes I think Nikon management has been visiting some poppy dens.

That's it, I'm buying a Leica

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feel like quoting the american dream dusty rhodes on "hard times".

It probably wont effect sales to people who absolutely must have the nikon brand, but with Sigma releasing these dock type lenses that can be updated at home(reducing the long term compatability risk), it may not seem be the most sensible move. However, making products to sell without profit is not sensible either, so maybe its necessary. I'm sure other japanese makers will follow soon enough

It probably wont effect sales to people who absolutely must have the nikon brand, but with Sigma releasing these dock type lenses that can be updated at home(reducing the long term compatability risk), it may not seem be the most sensible move. However, making products to sell without profit is not sensible either, so maybe its necessary. I'm sure other japanese makers will follow soon enough
what are some of the recent third party lenses anywhere from 2008-2016 that have compatibility issues?

what are some of the recent third party lenses anywhere from 2008-2016 that have compatibility issues?

The sigma 50-150 f2.8 has focus issues and will not work in live view on any of the d7xxx Nikon models (maybe other models also) unless it is sent back to sigma for a firmware fix.

The sigma 17-50 (as good as it is, and I have one) causes issues on newer Nikon bodies in playback mode, with glitchy behavior.

These are 2 example that I have come across, and it's not like I have bought a lot of the existing lenses out there. Sigma didn't add the dock features for no reason

3rd party lenses all have the software for the lens reverse engineered. This means that they can suddenly stop working as they should on newer camera bodies which make minor changes to the code which doesn't affect own brand but does affect 3rd party.

Sigma's dock system is a fantastic idea because it means that they no longer have to rechip and can just give you new firmwire. Cuts down costs for them and makes it a lot safer and easier for the buyer. Of course new bodies might take a little while before a patch is out but it presents a great method for updating at home.

Well, the one I want (200-500mm) is not getting a price increase. Getting close on (70% saved up) pulling the trigger so I can at least carry coastalconn and jacaranda's jock strap.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The 200-500 5.6 represents a belt tightening in terms of a compromise between quality and price. Even Where i live people cant just spend money like they used to, so don't matter how good the lens is if people cant afford it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back