Lenses and today's technology/software

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today's software has technology and the capacity to help deal with certain camera limitations. CA and lens distortion can be corrected, for instance the new LR camera profile correction.

So, when I am reading a review for a lens that was written more than a year ago, discussing minor CA and barrel distortion, how important is that these days for buying consideration?

So, when I am reading a review for a lens that was written more than a year ago, discussing minor CA and barrel distortion, how important is that these days for buying consideration?

Still important as it is today...

Its best to start out with a "good" photo before going into photoshop.

I understand and agree about the quality of the technical aspect of the photo, that is not what I am asking about though.

What I meant is, if the camera review states that CA and some low distortion are issues with the lens, would that be as big a deal as prior, based on the corrections that some software is now able to perform?

are issues with the lens, would that be as big a deal as prior,

Ah.. so the simple answer is "not as much"...

In the film days, (especially those that shot with slides) your options to correct were virtually zero. In the end, its best going into photoshop with the best image possible.

I see what you mean.
Well, given the advancements that have been made in the last, hmm...1 year alone, I guess that it would be less of an impact on the buyers decision as it was let's say 3-4 years ago.

Most reactions

Back