Lenses for Mamiya ZM Quartz 35mm Camera?

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm looking to get some lens for my Mamiya ZM, I've tested it out and it functions pretty well, however I only have the Mamiya Sekor E 35mm f2.8 lens, while this is a decent lens, I would like more variety of focal lengths. There are multiple 50mm lens for this mount, but I do not know which one is worth getting, I also would like to get a telephoto prime, but again, I am not familiar with these lens and I do not know what is compatible. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

The camera dates the 1982 or so, and was the last 35mm film camera that Mamiya released. I dunno...any Mamiya 50mm f/2 or f/1.8 ought to be amply good...same with any of the Mamiya prime lenses of the period. As far as that goes, the greatest number of aftermarket, third-party lenses in the E-mount would likely be 135mm f/2.8 primes models, or perhaps 28mm f/2.8 models.

I recall the early 1980's lens era: this was about the end of the 135mm f/2.8 third-party era. Other lenses like 90mm macro models from Tamron would be nice. There were a FEW 200mm f/4 or f/3.5 models around at that time (like the Vivitar 200mm f/3.5). Most all of the lenses sold in that era were at least "good". I think it's more a matter of finding lenses in the proper mount than it is of finding specific "good" lenses.

I personally LIKE very much a 135mm f/2.8 lens on 35mm film as a nice, easy-to-carry telephoto lens. Almost ANY model, from any maker, of 135/2.8 from the late 70's to mid-1980's is a decent to good performer at f/4 to f/8.

It accepts Mamiya "E" and "EF" lenses.

Here is a list:
EF and E Lenses by Mamiya

Some are probably quite rare today.

More info on the cameras:
Mamiya Z-Series 35mm Cameras

Here is a German web site devoted to these cameras with more info:
MAMIYA ZE

(You'll need to use Google or whatever to translate it if you don't read German. )

Tamron made an AdaptAll2 mount for the Z-series so if you get one of those you can use the whole range of Tamron lenses. It shouldn't be hard to find on eBay. Tamron primes are very good.

Mamiya also made an M42 adapter and an adapter to mount M645 lenses, both also probably rare today.

Last edited:
It accepts Mamiya "E" and "EF" lenses.

Here is a list:
EF and E Lenses by Mamiya

Some are probably quite rare today.

More info on the cameras:
Mamiya Z-Series 35mm Cameras

Here is a German web site devoted to these cameras with more info:
MAMIYA ZE

(You'll need to use Google or whatever to translate it if you don't read German. )

Tamron made an AdaptAll2 mount for the Z-series so if you get one of those you can use the whole range of Tamron lenses. Their primes are very good.

Mamiya also made an M42 adapter and an adapter to mount M645 lenses, both also probably rare today.

I checked out the last link you mentioned, lots of good information, looks like I'll have to be a little patient in getting some lens, but so far, none of the lens are very expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back