Lenses?

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently received a Pentax K1000 from my boyfriend's father with only a Vivitar 70-210mm macro zoom lens. While it's proved quite useful to me, it's not exactly the most versatile lens in the world. I was thinking that I should probably also pick up a 50mm lens and a regular macro lens (focusing a macro zoom lens is so difficult :|). I was also considering a wide angle lens and a more powerful zoom lens (AKA, 400-600mm; that would be so helpful for photographing wildlife). Opinions would be appreciated. :)

keep in mind, that 400-600 can hardly be handled without a tripod... and even a cable release and mirror lockup might be required to get sharp images.

600mm sounds great, but is not easy to handle :)

keep in mind, that 400-600 can hardly be handled without a tripod... and even a cable release and mirror lockup might be required to get sharp images.

Trust me, it's not easy

Oh, I know. I've already been looking into tripods and cable releases in order to do long exposure shots. That just gives me another reason. :) Unfortunately, I was looking at prices, and I don't think I'm going to be getting that lens anytime soon. In fact, I doubt I'll be getting much other than the 50mm lens in the near future. *sighs*

Most reactions

Back