Lesmurdie Falls

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a drive from my place to Lesmurdie in the Perth hills to photograph the waterfall and the view down to the city.

lesmurdie.jpg
lesmurdie 2.jpg

There's a Lesmurdie not far from where I stay. I wonder if this place was named after it.

Looks hot.

There's a Lesmurdie not far from where I stay. I wonder if this place was named after it.

Looks hot.

There are lots of places in Perth that were named after places in the UK. Brighton, Scarborough etc. I googled the name and found this, " Lesmurdie (town) was established in 1897 by Archibald Sanderson, a politician and journalist. He named it after Lesmurdie Cottage, a shooting box near Dufftown, Scotland that his father had rented."

If you mean hot temperature wise it's only 18 celcius today otherwise it is a cool place to visit ;)

Looks hot.

There are lots of places in Perth that were named after places in the UK. Brighton, Scarborough etc. I googled the name and found this, " Lesmurdie (town) was established in 1897 by Archibald Sanderson, a politician and journalist. He named it after Lesmurdie Cottage, a shooting box near Dufftown, Scotland that his father had rented."

If you mean hot temperature wise it's only 18 celcius today otherwise it is a cool place to visit ;)

I'd settle for 18C.

Aye, Lesmurdie is in the Elgin area, which ain't that far from Dufftown (Whisky Trail country). Aberdeenshire and Moray Regions.

Australia and the USA nicked all our place names.....:)

Nice set, beautiful countryside. Are there any kangaroos in that region?

Thanks. There are kangaroos everywhere but harder to see in the bush. Much easier to see at the golf courses. If you would want to play that bloody game? lol.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Great scenery, really nice images.

Not sure if it's my screen, or saturation has been wound up to 11 - but were the greens really that vivid?

Thanks. There are kangaroos everywhere but harder to see in the bush. Much easier to see at the golf courses. If you would want to play that bloody game? lol.

Hey, easy cobber. Not only do we have the original Lesmurdie, we're also the home of golf. Wonderful bloody game:D:D;)

Hey, easy cobber. Not only do we have the original Lesmurdie, we're also the home of golf. Wonderful bloody game:D:D;)
"Golf, a good walk ruined" lol

"Golf, a good walk ruined" lol

My golf tends to be a very long walk by the time I've looked for all the balls I've hit out of the bounds:D

" Golf: a long, beautiful walk spoiled by a little white ball".
Great looking area for pics. I have always heard how hot Perth is. I used to have an online friend many years ago from there, and she was always telling the temps. I never knew it had such a nice water feature so close.

Great looking area for pics. I have always heard how hot Perth is. I used to have an online friend many years ago from there, and she was always telling the temps. I never knew it had such a nice water feature so close.

It can get extremely hot here in summer but we have been getting a lot of rain this month so the water is flowing. Lesmurdie is only about 1/2 an hours drive from my place so nice and convenient. I have attached another image showing more of the falls themselves.
lesmurdie 3.jpg

It can get extremely hot here in summer but we have been getting a lot of rain this month so the water is flowing. Lesmurdie is only about 1/2 an hours drive from my place so nice and convenient. I have attached another image showing more of the falls themselves.
View attachment 196197

Ah! Nice one, great angle and comp.

View attachment 196197

Ah! Nice one, great angle and comp.

Thanks Kirk. Though next time I will use a circular polariser to try and take the glare of the rocks and plants a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back