Less product pictures. More Loobook pictures?

FrederikF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!

I run my own little photostudio. Everyday, I photograph products for my customers.

However, I have experienced the last year there are less products, so will hear if other photographers experience the same?

In addition, I consider focusing on making simple Loobook shoots with models. Are there any people who know that the market is growing as there appear to be less products?

Thanks in advance :)

Al professional photography business is tanking because the new cellphones have such good cameras people are doing their own pictures. Also much of advertising is moving to Social Media and cellphone photos go right on line.
Don't know what "Loobook" is ??

Hi Denny,

Thank you.

Sorry, it was "Lookbook" (not "Loobook") - :)

So that's why i was curious if we should focus on Lookbooks because the business want to use models and not clean product shoots.

Al professional photography business is tanking because the new cellphones have such good cameras people are doing their own pictures. Also much of advertising is moving to Social Media and cellphone photos go right on line.
Don't know what "Loobook" is ??

Welcome.

I have heard lookbook mentioned before but had no clue. So, I looked it up. Still don't have total picture of it. Do people buy the clothing themselves. Then model in the clothing and post online? And hope to get noticed? if that's what it is, that's a really nice scam for clothing companies.

Stock images (Getty, Shutter Stock, etc) are also used a lot, especially images of people. I often see the same house photo (generally mediocre) used in multiple real estate listings - I guess quality doesn't matter as much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back