What's new

Lets go fly a (really big) Kite!

pharmakon

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
365
Reaction score
7
Location
Western NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally got to spend half a day with my new 50D. I was on my way home from a few landscapes that I had scouted out when I came across these guys.

It was fun watching them and I enjoyed getting to try out the drive mode on my camera and taking some action shots. I didn't really do any P.P. Just some moderate cropping to make up for my lens limitations (28-135 IS USM kit).

C&C welcome, if you want to see more I made a photoset on flickr:
321 Kite Surfing - a set on Flickr

1.
4028231273_1c0c62462b.jpg


2.
4028235755_aee6246354.jpg


3.
4028241103_566cdbb1f9.jpg


4.
4029020386_4877030072.jpg


5.
4029025748_8448c29135.jpg
 
i really like those shots. composition and exposure is pretty darn good.

Just curious, where were you when you took those shots? It seems like you'd be in a boat, but I'm guessing not since you just stopped to take these on your way home (unless you always have a boat in tow!). Were they just doing this that close to the shoreline?
 
Thanks! I was standing on shore with my lense out as far as it would go, and some of the close shots are just cropped really tight. (wish I could get comps like that in camera... someday)

They came pretty close to the shore for what they were doing IMO, but I really would like to get out in a boat some time because they say the wind is much better out in the middle of the intercoastal so they can really fly high, plus there is no dock or highway to worry about crashing into.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom