Let's see you Photo Manip!

KevinPutman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll post up an image, and you take into PS and make some magic! Make a really nice photo manip with the image i provide.
Whatever theme you want is fine, just make it look nice =p.

Images posted do not belong to me, but do not have copyright protections. They were distributed freely by the owner.
I would provide a link to the page containing the images, but it's in a forum topic that you must be a member, and have a certain number of posts to access.
207p0ll.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g357/KevinPutman/BranitzerParkv2074.jpg

Last edited:
Images posted do not belong to me, but do not have copyright protections. They were distributed freely by the owner.
All photographs have copyright protection, unless they are in the public domain, which generally means they were made before 1923. Unless you have a valid use license, or some other form of written permission of the copyright owner, you are likely mistaken about, "They were distributed freely by the owner."

www.copyright.gov.

Copyrighted works may not be used for derivative works without permission from the copyright owner.

What you are proposing is everyone make derivative works of someone else's, likely copyrighted photo.

Sorry, but I don't think you quite understand.

Each individual making a derivative would need to have written permission from the copyright owner, specifing specifically which image the derivative is being made from.

A blurb copied off the internet at megaupload.com, for an image posted at Photobucket.com, would not be legally sufficient.

You cannot give permission, because admittedly, you are not the copyright owner.

The blurb was actually from fringefx.net where the copyright owner posted and uploaded the stock pack to be used publicly, without worry of infringing upon copyright.

I've used/posted/downloaded hundreds of stocks in the past, and posted them on many different sites.

If the owner gives permission for any outsider to use the photo, and clearly states "All photos are not postworked, so feel free to use"
I don't see what the problem would be.

Also,
the owner DID give permission, as you can see in the picture I posted.

Last edited:
In concept this is a good idea, but as already mentioned, just snatching a photo off the web and asking us to chop on it with PS is on shaky ground.

If you want to do this, take a photo yourself and throw it up and let us folks work on it. That way, no one can come back at you and cry foul.

I ran into a situation like this a couple of years ago. I had taken some slides at a Heart concert back in the late 1970's. I posted one particular photo of Nancy Wilson playing a mandolin, sidelit only with the concert lighthing, to my website. One of my best ever concert photos in my opinion. My name was in the lower right hand corner. To my disgust, while searching the web one day for info on Heart, I went to images and lo and behold there was my photo of Nancy and it was not from my website!! The person downloaded it from the web, reversed it from left to right and removed my name from the lower corner. I was FURIOUS. I managed to contact the guy (he had a "contact me" page on this website) and told him that that image was mine and I had the 35mm Ektachrome slide to prove it. I gave him 24 hours to remove it from his site or my next door neighbor, who is a corporate attorney in his own firm, would be contacting him. It was down in about 2 hours. In situations like that, you have every right to be an a**hole about it. What he did was theft.

Copyright violations or infringements are a big deal. You do not to regirster your images with a copyright office to still have rights to those photos. You need only declare them copyrighted and have the original file, print or film to prove ownership. The problem with the internet is that anyone has essentially unfettered access to images on the web, which makes it all the more difficult to protect your images. I just happened onto one of mine purely by chance.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back