Lexus SC300

nmaynard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1st photos with my new camera (Canon XTi) And also the 1st photos I've taken since High School. Been dying to get back into photography but didn't have the time. So I made time ;)

Friends SC300 in parking garage. A little PP done. There will be more from this "shoot" but haven't finished them yet.

PLEASE give C&C. Thanks!

Front_34_1bLarge.jpg

Front_34_2bLarge.jpg

Front_34_3bLarge.jpg

Front_34_3bwLarge.jpg

i like the setting the car is in. the lights and industrial stuff is cool. do you have any Post Processing software? if you can try to adjust the background and the car seperatly. the whole image is bright so darkening the background and car will make use of the basement feel you have going on and make it more dramatic and shiney! heres anexample.

nmaynard.jpg

The first shots didn't hit me, but that ^^^ looks quite cool.

Yea I use ps7. I never really thought about taking it to that level. This was my 1st batch of digital photos and wasn't sure on how much to edit them... But thanks a lot for the inspiration.
So the composition is ok?

yeah, i love the setting. as far as editing, well, it goes as far as you want to take it. also you can learn a lot about taking a picture through editing. have an image of what you want, the feel and mood and comp. then try to take the picture. In PP turn what you have into your vision. learn from what you did in PP and try to get closer to the end result next time with your initial shot. but seriously, just do whatever you want. experiment and see what you can come up with, both behind the camera and the computer.

IMO, the photos look a bit soft. Maybe it's the resizing, maybe it's my god-awful computer acting up again, but I dunno... I really like the selective colouring, though, it's subtle but makes the car stand out much more.

Try experimenting with different angles of the car for more unique compositions and also for lower light situations you might try using a tripod. They do look a bit soft. Not sure what lens you have but also try to back up a little and zoom in from a further distance for a better depth of field. Nice attempt and location overall!

Thanks for all the input. I was using a tripod w the kit lens (18-55) and ISO 400. For shot #5 and #6 I was using the EF 75-300 4-5.6 III that came with the camera also. Regret getting that now that I've read/learned a lot more about lenses.

So here are 6 I felt were the strongest. I had 15 total that I liked. But some were just different adjustments of the same image so. Let me have it on these 6. Here is a link to all 15. If you see something in the album that I didn't just let me know. Thanks!!

sc300 Album

Front_34_1F.jpg

Front_34_2F.jpg

Front_34_3Fl.jpg

Rear_34_1F.jpg

Rear_34_4Fdrk.jpg

Rear_34_5F.jpg

I really likr Wyjids edit. I agree with what he said basically. They all seem a bit soft and lacking in contrast. Your going to have to learn some PP techniques for your rebel Xti..

Composition opinions vary greatly, and it's all "in the eye of the beholder"; I would like to see closer images, as the automobile doesn't jump out at me in images such as the first one. Overall, pretty darned good for not having shot for ages!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back