What's new

Life is a roller coaster ride C&C welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
933
Reaction score
19
Location
Manchester, NH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few random theme park shots. Thoughts?

DSC_0094.jpg


DSC_0128-1.jpg


DSC_0965.jpg
 
I like the lower half of the first photo. My first reaction was that the coaster track sort of takes away from the overall impact of the sunset.

Love the second photo and the feelings of movement that it evokes.

The third one made my stomach flip over. But that's less a comment on the photograph than it is my visceral reaction - I have a "thing" about heights. :blushing:
 
I like your approach on the subject. These are good.

I do agree with Jill about the first one. I REALLY like the idea, it just feels like there are too many things competing for attention (the track, the background trees and sunset, and the lights on the ride in the lower left). I don't know if your position or the park setup would allow, but including more of the roller coaster in the shot may be an option to explore. Pulling back a bit. Like I said, maybe not so much. Another option would be to focus to go with something tighter, but I see you were almost at max zoom. It does almost frame the shot, which is a neat thing to go after, so maybe a tighter crop?
 
I like your approach on the subject. These are good.

I do agree with Jill about the first one. I REALLY like the idea, it just feels like there are too many things competing for attention (the track, the background trees and sunset, and the lights on the ride in the lower left). I don't know if your position or the park setup would allow, but including more of the roller coaster in the shot may be an option to explore. Pulling back a bit. Like I said, maybe not so much. Another option would be to focus to go with something tighter, but I see you were almost at max zoom. It does almost frame the shot, which is a neat thing to go after, so maybe a tighter crop?

Thanks guys. :)

For the first one I was standing right in the front of the line where the roller coaster pulled up, and we are underneath like a wooden house, I tried to pull the shot back a little but ended up getting the roof of the house in it. I tried a few different things but then had to get on the ride. Lol.
 
I like the lower half of the first photo. My first reaction was that the coaster track sort of takes away from the overall impact of the sunset.

Love the second photo and the feelings of movement that it evokes.

The third one made my stomach flip over. But that's less a comment on the photograph than it is my visceral reaction - I have a "thing" about heights. :blushing:


Lol I am petrified of heights too if I am not strapped in so I wasn't too happy about my hubby making me go on this one, however the cars were completely encased and air conditioned so that made it a little better. Plus when you are at the top you can see all of Niagara Falls, so that made up for it too. It was beautiful
 
third one is really nice.
second one would be cool without so much blur, but you couldn't help that, because those things go very fast in a sort amount of time
i like the first one (not as much as the third though). the very bottom is distracting and unneeded. i think you should crop right above the the small tree/big shrub in the middle of the bottom
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom