PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At least it better be :lol:

Tomorrow my Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 is scheduled to be delivered and I just placed an order for the Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 to go with it.

That should cover my needs until I feel like going wider, which I just may someday - but for now I think I'm golden!

I have 3 young kids (7, 3, 2) and they are my main motivation for getting better at photography and getting better gear to go with it. I see myself shooting their sports events, dance recitals, birthday parties and everything else that goes along with growing up. Here's hoping the D90 and the f/2.8 duo fulfill my needs for many, many years.

Lol, it is. I have the same setup, except I have a D80. You'll be happy with them. Congrats!

Congrats...I too recently bought the 80-200 2.8...LOVE IT. Doesn't leave my D90.

I just thought of this: Did you order a hood? It doesn't come with one...

Great to hear!

Feel free to post sample pics while I wait for these to arrive :lol:

Edit:
Didn't order a hood yet, I did notice that though... That's strange, of all the lenses I've had this is by FAR the most expensive, and it's the only one other than the 50mm 1.8 that didn't come with a hood.

Great to hear!

Feel free to post sample pics while I wait for these to arrive :lol:

Edit:
Didn't order a hood yet, I did notice that though... That's strange, of all the lenses I've had this is by FAR the most expensive, and it's the only one other than the 50mm 1.8 that didn't come with a hood.

I was just a guest at this wedding, but wanted to work out my 80-200. Shot using a D90, aperture priority mode, f2.8, 1/4000th sec, ISO200, 200mm focal length:

4039787008_de1cd93e5d.jpg

Damn, that's amazing - nice work! The bokeh looks nice and creamy as well :D

Thanks. I am surely an amateur, but learning a lot. My wife had sticker shock about the 80-200...but after seeing the early results she's happy I bought it.

Yeah, I'll have to spare my wife the sticker shock - I'm not sure she could handle it :lol:

Noyze,

You are gonna LOVE that Sigma as well.

Especially if you aren't selling your 18-250mm, maybe you should start saying "brokeh" for awhile...lol

Enjoy!

Yeah, I'll have to spare my wife the sticker shock - I'm not sure she could handle it :lol:

Just tell her you have Stage 2 NS..

.. Nikon Syndrome :lol:

Your not responsible for your spending actions. :lmao:

Sounds like you have an understanding wife - congrats!

Life's better at f/1.4!

You're gonna love that Sigma. While I decided on the Sigma 70-200 2.8, We have the same setup as well. You won't be lacking for fast glass at all now, and your photos will show it because you can't blame poor images on poor glass anymore. It's all up to you now! You'll have new enthusiasm for this artful endeavour.

Just like you, I'm going wide with my next lens...I'm thinking Tokina 11-16 2.8.

That's what I'm thinking as well... have to recoup from this purchase first, it stung a bit. :lol:

Sigma should be here today!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back