Life is Great in F/2.8!

Life's better at f/1.4!

Yup, but too bad, that aside from 50mm, there are not many lenses in this category and even fewer that are not costly and/or heavy.

skieur

This was shot at f.2.8 and 1/10 of a second handheld with the Sigma 18 to 50mm lens. Considering the slow shutter speed I did not expect much, but was pleasantly surprised.

skieur
thru_a_window_fedST3.jpg

Looks good to me... I like the blue tint around the window, was that added in post or was there some sort of light effect going on?

Looks good to me... I like the blue tint around the window, was that added in post or was there some sort of light effect going on?

No that was the accurate colour.

skieur

Im looking into this same lens and comparing it to the regular Tamron 17-50 and the new 17-50 VC version. Im leaning Sigma so im excited to see what you think of it!

Got it Friday, thing is awesome!

Here's a couple samples I took when I got it:

706704318_2HuXk-L.jpg
706197753_9Dspm-L.jpg

Congrats, on the fine purchase. :thumbup:

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO TELL US YOU RECIEVED IT??? :lmao:

Very nice, you mentioned before that one lens didnt come with a hood, was it this one or the 80-200? It looked like it came with a hood and a fairly nice case. Also, i heard the front lens cap was kind of crummy, thoughts?

The Sigma came with a hood, the 80-200 does not. The case for the Sigma is nice, and I've had no issues with the lens caps on this or my Sigma 18-250 HSM OS.

Here's one more of my girl on a nice November Saturday afternoon... after eating a Popsicle of course :lol:

708300339_sKK8M-XL.jpg

Very cute, looks like you have some great models to work with!

Sounds like a go, i think ill place the order this week!

Yeah, they cooperate most of the time... however over the weekend I did get this response when framing a shot of my daughter (above) while she was resting on the couch:

"Dad, I just want to watch cartoons now... OK?"

:lol:

Congratulations, Noyze, the pictures look great.

skieur

Most reactions

Back