Life is not happy, and that sucks...

My father always used to tell me, "Son, these are the times that make you mentally tough."

When I was young, I thought he was full of ****. Now that I am older, I see the wisdom in those simple words.

MY father always said, in regard to troubles and crises, "It's good for you. It builds character." But when you pointed that out to HIM, he'd say "I don't need it. I'm already ENOUGH of a character." And truth be told, he was right. :lmao:

You wanna come to Mexico with the clan? We leave Friday? No worries for a week! :)

There is an old saying, "I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet ..." I'd be willing to bet I could find a "Man with no feet" to show you.

From the same source as what Lew quoted, there is an awareness that all there is in life is the moment you are living, and any time worrying about what happened or what might happen deprives you of that. Enjoy the little things and don't fret about what you can't control. Very difficult to do, but very important to try.

Keep on plugging away. Things will eventually look better and more-promising.

Why must everything be a challenge?
To make us stronger

Why must others succeed while I fail?
To make us work harder

Why must I lack the inner strength to fix it?
To make us find the inner strength we never knew we had.

Life is not fun, and I wish it was.
Find the fun in your everyday. Take a risk. Take a chance. Why not?

Sigh.
Smile.

It is all about perspective. Tomorrow is a new day......

As a man thinks, so it is.
Think positive be positive and all things will work out.

Life is a learning experience and often it is learning to cope with adversity. One needs to be a survivor and my mother once said that I must experiment with deadly diseases and experiences because I have so many of them. My inspiration is a guy who in his sixty's died at the hospital and was brought back to life, and then had another major heart attack in his 70s. He survived that as well, and I saw him coming out of the municipal office with his driver's license which he passed at 90. He still plays golf and is upset if his score is above 100. Needless to say, he does NOT use a golf cart. He once said he was too ornery to die.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back