Life of a Ladybug

And you're an inspiring wizard yourself Chris! Seriously! Your shots from the Germany meet up are the best of all and by quite bit! I just had to say that because I keep forgetting to post it in that thread! If Doenoe here is the king of bugs and he is to me then you're the king of street photography! Seriously good stuff man!

Excellent series Daan! I learned something new :)

What program do you use to focus stack? Or is that not stacked?
I just got a setup to reverse ,y 50mm at the end of mmy 105 and am going out today to practice focus stacking with it. Do i just blend in photoshop?

i dont stack. I shoot at F13 with a shutterspeed of 1/200, ISO 100. There was something about stacking on TPF, think i read about it yesterday. Totally forgot the thread though. You can probably find it with the search button.
im gonna try that stacking someday, it really looks very interesting.

EDIT: here ya go http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126095&highlight=stacking

And you're an inspiring wizard yourself Chris! Seriously! Your shots from the Germany meet up are the best of all and by quite bit! I just had to say that because I keep forgetting to post it in that thread! If Doenoe here is the king of bugs and he is to me then you're the king of street photography! Seriously good stuff man!

:blushing: Is that you, Mother?

:D No, but I make a pretty good house pet. ;)

Well I took the 100mm macro out for a spin this afternoon and apparently I had forgotten how close this thing could get. I've been doing lots of portrait work lately so I haven't macro'ed anything in a year or so. But quickly I shot off this tomato bloom and it does get a whole lot closer than I remember. I think I'll start taking it out more often. :)

2576602450_39710a56d7.jpg

Kewl! I went ahead and kinda tutorialized Daan's process. You can see it here: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126794 How big are tomato blossoms? I haven't seen any for a few years now. I think they're about 2 inches across right? And your shot there is a full-frame scale of course?

@Doenoe
It would be cool if you could give it a check for correctness if you have the time.
Thanks!

Just wanted to add 2 more pics. Here you can see the the larva getting ready to become a pupal. The backend is attached to a leaf and then the transformation starts
Park161.jpg

After that the skin moves to the back and you got yourself a pupal. On this pic you can see the old skin at the backend. After this it just stays flat and after a while a ladybug is born (not a very good pic, but it was the best i could do this time)
Park162.jpg

Very awesome images!! And, mmm :hug:: , e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n-a-l-!

Sweet!

#4 is STELLAR work! I'm such a loser. I never have time to look at everyones shots anymore. Thanks for sharing!

thanks guys :)
And TC, you are most certainly not a loser. You probably just dont have alot of free time on your hands (like alot of others do ;) ) Plus you are the guy that taught me alot about macro photography, so you are not a loser, but a mentor :thumbup: :)

I wonder if Van Gogh called himself a loser when he saw Rembrandt's work? ;)

Van Gogh quotes. :D

I like this one so I'll modify it a little bit and call it mine:

"It is not the language of photographers but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Bifurcator 2008

this is amazing. great lesson I called my kiddos over to look and learn they were amazed also. awesome pictures you are really great at what you do.

Most reactions

Back