Life

fascination ? , its called street photography .
getin a concept in the photogaph , an idea , showing the main idea in here .
lower angle you cant get cause i took it while walking ,
i realy dont think you know what is street photography since you wrote that .

Easy there dude, he gave you a suggestion. I do agree, though, it would look much nicer from a lower vantage point and straight on. Walking three extra steps and bending over will not compromise your 'street photography' state of mind.

fascination ? , its called street photography .
getin a concept in the photogaph , an idea , showing the main idea in here .
lower angle you cant get cause i took it while walking ,
i realy dont think you know what is street photography since you wrote that .

No.

I agree with Phototron.

I think the content can be either darkly humorous or ironic, but the title makes it politically charged. Too political, like accidentally adding twice the amount of sugar into your coffee.

I also think there is a difference between street photography, and drive-by shootings :). Street photography doesn't mean accidental photography. I shoot on the street, but still often bring a tripod.

Many of us still shoot film, and because you can't just randomly shoot hundreds of images and then delete whatever wasn't good, you have to COMPOSE your shots. Film is pretty cheap, but not THAT cheap. The best street photographers in the world (Strand, Dianne Arbus,WeeGee etc..etc..) all shot in film. They also shot in larger formats with manual camera's so it was a HELL of alot slower than even a 35mm SLR film camera is today.

P.S. I also agree about the angle thing, It would look better from lower down.

Oh man, I LOVE the concept of this, it's brilliant and portrays such an important matter, it actually makes me feel a little emotional...

Very thought provoking. You didn't happen to take this in San Francisco, did you? That's what comes to mind for me.

no hehe,
i have never been into the US altough i realy want to visit there .
Im from Israel , and all of those was taken in israel .

If i were that woman in the picture I would feel seriously ashamed. That is the power that you hold with this picture. Very well done.

I can't take pictures like this without wanting to buy the homeless person a cup of coffee or to go in and just point out to that woman, look...look at what you have.

I guess im all RAR!

If i were that woman in the picture I would feel seriously ashamed. That is the power that you hold with this picture. Very well done.

I can't take pictures like this without wanting to buy the homeless person a cup of coffee or to go in and just point out to that woman, look...look at what you have.

I guess im all RAR!
Are you ****ing serious...the woman in the shot get to put food in her mouth because she got a job.

Homeless people sometimes face disabling circumstances, but not all the time. And they are not necessarily nice.

And lets put it this way, should you stop eating because there are homeless people? Oh right, the difference between you and her is that you don't eat in front of homeless people, that way you don't have to feel guilty, you don't have to care about the homeless and enjoy your food.

Are you ****ing serious...the woman in the shot get to put food in her mouth because she got a job.

Homeless people sometimes face disabling circumstances, but not all the time. And they are not necessarily nice.

And lets put it this way, should you stop eating because there are homeless people? Oh right, the difference between you and her is that you don't eat in front of homeless people, that way you don't have to feel guilty, you don't have to care about the homeless and enjoy your food.

Kind of a harsh way to put it... But you said it so I wouldn't have to. :wink:

I believe that most homeless are in their situations because of their own choices. A good example are the homeless who choose to live in the most expensive areas of the country and then expect to be treated like victims.

I had it very hard in my 20s. Very hard. So I kept working very hard until I achieved success. The work I did was work that no one else wanted to do. I don't have much sympathy...

Kind of a harsh way to put it... But you said it so I wouldn't have to. :wink:

I believe that most homeless are in their situations because of their own choices. A good example are the homeless who choose to live in the most expensive areas of the country and then expect to be treated like victims.

I had it very hard in my 20s. Very hard. So I kept working very hard until I achieved success. The work I did was work that no one else wanted to do. I don't have much sympathy...

Well, you are certainly not alone in not having much sympathy. The lack of compassion by many in this country, for those less well off, is astounding.

Some are homeless because they actually like the lifestyle. A lot are homeless because they are mentally ill and fall through the cracks. Many are veterans. Some are just downright bums and thieves. And then some are just street people and will probably remain so the rest of their lives. But there are many who through unusual circumstances or just extremely bad luck find themselves on the street.

You know, sometimes life deals us a sucker punch every now and then. Sometimes, an unusual set of circumstances and a simple twist of fate can bring enormous changes in our lives.

I have been a street shooter for over 30 years and I can count on one hand the number of shots I have of the homeless. Why? Because they are easy prey and victims, and also, they are easily exploited.

So the lack of compassion by a lot of people, does not suprise me at all.

You know, it is like, "I've got mine, now get off your ass and get yours."

Sometimes, it is simply not that easy.

Well, you are certainly not alone in not having much sympathy. The lack of compassion by many in this country, for those less well off, is astounding.

Some are homeless because they actually like the lifestyle. A lot are homeless because they are mentally ill and fall through the cracks. Many are veterans. Some are just downright bums and thieves. And then some are just street people and will probably remain so the rest of their lives. But there are many who through unusual circumstances or just extremely bad luck find themselves on the street.

You know, sometimes life deals us a sucker punch every now and then. Sometimes, an unusual set of circumstances and a simple twist of fate can bring enormous changes in our lives.

I have been a street shooter for over 30 years and I can count on one hand the number of shots I have of the homeless. Why? Because they are easy prey and victims, and also, they are easily exploited.

So the lack of compassion by a lot of people, does not suprise me at all.

You know, it is like, "I've got mine, now get off your ass and get yours."

Sometimes, it is simply not that easy.

In a perfect world, we could identify those that really deserve help. That would be great. It's too bad it isn't easier to do.

theres no such a thing perfect world ,
there will always be problems .

Most reactions

Back