Life's simple pleasures (an ongoing thread)

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is something we do on another forum I belong to. Many of us don't hesitate to post about the stuff that makes us angry or upset...but we don't always post the good things.

This thread is for everyone to share all of the good things that happen in your day to day life, no matter how big or small.

My pleasure for today: I'm listening to Mahler's 6th Symphony right now. I'd somehow forgotten exactly how amazing this piece is.

The first time I heard it was this past October, as performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and I was writing a review on it for my Music Appreciation class. Our very own ClarinetJWD was the one that suggested I go to that particular concert for my review, and I'm glad I listened!

I love how music can affect your mood so greatly. :)

Pleasure of the day #2: I'd forgotten about the loud hammer blow at the end of the finale. Better than a cup of coffee, I tell ya. (anything to wake me up right now!!!)

A customer maybe me a pair of pants out of a 10 dollar bill and left it as my tip!

My pleasure today...

Chillin out on TPF

:D

Seriously, I like it here. Its a release

I got an old fashion hand written letter in the mail from a friend that I hadn't heard from in too long. In the time of effortless electronic data exchange, going the extra mile really made my day

someone called me "lil cutie dream boat captain"

I'm sitting here in front of the TV, with a macaw on my left shoulder, and one dog in my lap, the other three around my feet. As I type this on my laptop as it sits on top of the dog, all five are in there little version of heaven, as am I. Life can't get much better, if only Cathy were not working, almost everything I love is at my side. (I love my kids and grandkids, but right now I'm enjoying the tranquility of an oldsters life. Sometimes, I think I've earned it.)

My son stopped saying no to EvERYTHING and is now saying "yeah mommy" in the sweetest voice ever

I'm sitting here in front of the TV, with a macaw on my left shoulder, and one dog in my lap, the other three around my feet. As I type this on my laptop as it sits on top of the dog, all five are in there little version of heaven, as am I. Life can't get much better, if only Cathy were not working, almost everything I love is at my side. (I love my kids and grandkids, but right now I'm enjoying the tranquility of an oldsters life. Sometimes, I think I've earned it.)

Im pretty sure that is the definition of peace.

Being able to look up from my desk at work and being able to stare out onto this little piece of the earth (OK, so it's a piece of desert covered in power pylons, but...). 15 months ago I worked in a building where our floor had precisely no windows and that's where I'd been for the previous 7 years.

cuddling.
Seriously, I don't think there's much better than that. I'm in need of some lol

cuddling.
Seriously, I don't think there's much better than that. I'm in need of some lol

:thumbup: That's for sure!

That is, you have to have someone to cuddle with, so I'm kinda outta luck right now.... .:thumbdown:

:thumbup: That's for sure!

That is, you have to have someone to cuddle with, so I'm kinda outta luck right now.... .:thumbdown:

Hey man...my girlfriend and me are on a "break" cause she doesn't love me anymore. Your situation isn't looking so bad to me right now.

Right now the simplest pleasure would be for me to stop coughing. Effing colds!

Most reactions

Back