Light at the End oif the Tunnel

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have no spot metering available on my AC-5, so I walked to the far end of the tunnel and took the measurement of the bright sunshine there with the camera (1/500). Then I went back to where I took the photo from and set the camera to manual so as to override the 1/30 setting it wanted in A mode. I figured this was way too long and would blow out the light at the far end of the tunnel completely. I set the shutter to 1/500 (the aperture was f8) and hoped the foreground of the photo wouldn't turn out to be too dark. I'm very pleased with the result.

C&C welcome

imm012_22-1.jpg

Müller chemist chain own brand film, iso 200.

Last edited:
By the way, this is the entrance tunnel to the Wittelsbacher castle in Friedberg as seen from the inner courtyard.

Nice shot, and good thinking on getting the exposure.

I wonder if it would have been a stronger image if you could have stepped a bit to your left, though? To shoot the tunnel straight-on, I mean.

Nice shot, and good thinking on getting the exposure.

I wonder if it would have been a stronger image if you could have stepped a bit to your left, though? To shoot the tunnel straight-on, I mean.

The same thought crossed my mind and when I was there today to take some shots in and around the inner courtyard I toyed with the idea, but there just wasn't enough sun to provide the necessary light. However, it's not far from where I live so when the conditions allow I'll try it out to compare.

Thanks.

I was back at the location a few days ago and took this photo from inside the tunnel - looking towards the inner courtyard this time:

PICT0006Kopie1.jpg

Again, I took a reading at the mouth of the tunnel and set the camera for this measurement. I also used a flash to pick out a little detail inside the tunnel.

Agfa Precisa CT diapositive film, iso 100.
C&C welcome

good framing i like the first one the best with the person walking.

Most reactions

Back