What's new

Light Box (Light Tent) work - need input

Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
29
Location
Buckhannon, WV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I have a product that I am attempting to get some product shots to be able to use in e-commerce - and I'm having issues.
I, for the life of me, can't get rid of the "red glow" around the bottle.

b42153.jpeg




For other random things I have place in the light box - I don't have the same issue, as seen in this pic of my Mark III I tossed in the box just now.

3852ce.jpeg

How do I rid myself of the reflection from the content of the bottle?
 

Attachments

  • $dgfismall.webp
    $dgfismall.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 155
How big is your light tent vs the light bottle? My guess is the bottle is so big compared to the tent that the color from the bottle is reflecting off the sides of the tent.
 
It looks easy enough to remove the for your image in photoshop.
 
For future reference, you don't really need a light box. You can make a MUCH better setup for much less money. Just use some poster board as a background, and use lights aimed at the remains of a pillowcase (cut it apart) on either side to make "softboxes" and you'll be golden. Gives you more room to work, and should help eliminate those hotspots. Also, if you wanna use the light tent, move the lights further away and that should help with the hotspots. I did a QUICK edit for you to kill the red around it. Select the area outside of the bottle with the magic wand and use the brush to desaturate.

$Jeremy copy.webp

Hope that helps.
 
Usually colours matter in product photography. What colour is the liquid if you put the bottle on a white table, in the sun?

If the liquid is red, like in your original photo, I would just cut the bottle out and put it on a white background created in Photoshop. Using white fabric or paper as a background and shining light through a white fabric works better than a small tent for larger items. A tent the size of yours is for watches, jewellery, and other small items. You can get larger tents but I find sitting the item on a stool or table with a suitable backdrop works just as well and gives more flexibility to move around and change angles.
 
Usually colours matter in product photography. What colour is the liquid if you put the bottle on a white table, in the sun?

If the liquid is red, like in your original photo, I would just cut the bottle out and put it on a white background created in Photoshop. Using white fabric or paper as a background and shining light through a white fabric works better than a small tent for larger items. A tent the size of yours is for watches, jewellery, and other small items. You can get larger tents but I find sitting the item on a stool or table with a suitable backdrop works just as well and gives more flexibility to move around and change angles.

I would do something like this, but with better masking.
$b42153e.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom