Light escapes the black hole

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i took this photo a while ago, and finally decided to see if i could do anything with it. its a bit noisy (thanks sony alpha...) but I was just trying to decide if the framing is right for this type of shot. The original photo had the subject pretty much centered, but i know the rule of 3rds is important to follow so i cropped it, i just want any comments and critique on this photo though, so all aspects are up for discussion. thanks!

bird.jpg

Your right it is a touch noisy but other wise its a nice shot. For my personal taste the bird is a touch close to the right of the frame, but as i say thats my personal taste.

I wouldn't think too much about the rule of thirds. Sure, sometimes it looks better, but go by your instinct. I'm curious to see the original.

It is good you gave the bird room to look into. So yes, that aspect of your cropping works ... and even if it is not necessarily "The Rule of Thirds" you have in mind, observing "it" (something, like giving this bird room to look into) may well help to get a more pleasing photo.

Here, however, I feel with MG TF ... you cropped the photo so the bird now is VERY, VERY much to the right, a bit too much, actually.

I agree with Lafoto. I think he is too close to the right side.

Most reactions

Back