What's new

Light Grafitti

mcopan

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Location
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was clicking around photobucket and saw this section of "light grafitti." Is this simply a long exposure with someone writing in the air with a light or glow stick?
 
From what I've seen yes. I've seen people mask off florescent lights to produce a focused wand without any spill, set for a long exposure and get moving. I see a lot of it with sparklers.
 
Sure is. It can be quite fun yet extremely frustrating at times. But it does bring out your creative side! Give it a go with some mates, no doubt you will have a great time :D
 
I was clicking around photobucket and saw this section of "light grafitti." Is this simply a long exposure with someone writing in the air with a light or glow stick?


My avatar is kind of an example of light painting or graffiti. It is so much fun and really satisfying once you get it down!
 
If I where to give any advice about light painting it would be to mark or figure out whats inside the frame. Trust me I spent hours trying to do a light painting assignment for class because I put the light out of the frame many times before doing just that. So to summarize mark off your frame limitations from left to right and have a buddy stand in the frame so you can get a feel for how high and how low the light can go. Have fun
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom