light meter vs iso

jong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
assuming at 1/60, f8, iso 100, your light meter say's corect exposure. then say, increasing your iso(same f/stop and s speed), say 200. will your light meter say +1 or +2 (over expose)? botom line, will the iso setting affects the light meter how it reads light as you increase or decrease your iso? thanks

assuming at 1/60, f8, iso 100, your light meter say's corect exposure. then say, increasing your iso(same f/stop and s speed), say 200. will your light meter say +1 or +2 (over expose)? botom line, will the iso setting affects the light meter how it reads light as you increase or decrease your iso? thanks

Going from ISO 100 to 200 is 1 stop. So if you don't change aperture and shutter speed the meter will indicate +1 (overexposure by 1 stop). For a better understanding of the relationship between shutter speed, aperture and ISO (and how to use them to get correct exposure), read any book about photography basics. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson is often recommended.

thanks, i will take your advise. on my way to the book store!

for such basic information, it was way too expensive. i jsut got a book called Digital Photography Simplified. Any basic book on photograhy will give you this information, of if you want it for free, search around here or the endless amount of websites there are

Most reactions

New Topics

Back