Light meter?

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Will my light meter work with these? I have a nikon D50 and N80 35mm. The website says that the LB will not communicate electronically with your camera. So I can live without AF and obviously you set the aperture manually, but most importantly does your meter work? Any one use one with a D50? Please help, I am considering buying one but not if I have to use a handheld meter.

Thanks in advance,
~DC

Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I've heard that the D70 and D50 won't meter when using non-AF lenses (e.g. lensbaby). But I suppose you can always use the sunny-16 rule and bracket a lot (and use the histogram to check). Being digital, you don't really have to worry about wasting shots.

edit: just realized this thread is kinda old. ah well.

Tiberius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It's not non-AF lenses, it's non-CPU lenses (AI). Since they do say that they don't communicate electronically, that would lead me to believe that the Lensbabies are non-CPU lenses.

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
If it doesn't electronically communicate with the camera the lens probably being stopped down when you stop it down. This is in contrast to a normal lens that doesn't actually stop down until you take a picture. Therefore your metering should work just fine since it's reading the amount of light coming in after you stop down.

Tiberius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
But the D50/D70 won't meter at all without a CPU (electronic communication). The D100/200/2x has no such issue, however.

Most reactions

New Topics