light meters?

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I just got into medium format using a hasselblad 500c and due to not have a built in I am looking for a light meter. Dont really know much about them and I am not looking for a really expensive one. Just one that is lower than $100 cause im a broke college student and not really into daytime photography. any suggestions would be really appreciated!! Thanks!

_Austin

Which type?

* Ambient
* Spot
* Flash
* Reflective

Mounted via cold/hotshoe or hand held?

Some units have several types built into the same unit.

I found my Sekonic 308 digital on ebay several years ago for just about $100. Handheld; flash; ambient; reflective.

At one time the Sekonic L-398 was the standard classic ambient light meter ... and it was not expensive.

Not sure if the price has gone up on it.

At one time the Sekonic L-398 was the standard classic ambient light meter ... and it was not expensive.

Not sure if the price has gone up on it.

The L-398 is still alive and well as the L-398a, but its a bit out of the OP's price range at ~$180 USD, at least new. The OP might consider the Sekonic L-208 which is ~$95 USD new.

Both can work as either an incident or reflected meter and have proper EV scales, which are quite useful with older Hassey lenses which have EV settings.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
whats the difference between spot, flash, ambient, and cline?

Most reactions

Back