Light Painting

I forgot about that one. I've been trying to find it but couldn't. Subscribing to both NOW haha

I have a nice manfrotto. My design was not as intense as yours so no need for that long of an exposure. Yours is blurry as well. I'm thinking there is no way to have the tac sharp look with this technique.

:scratch:

Buckster, great image!
Thank you kindly!

What did you use for your blue and red lights? I was thinking some sort of flashlight with different colored lens all attached to a string.
I used LEDs covered with gels normally used with my strobes. Rather than string, I built a contraption to spin my LEDs in a much more controlled way than string allows. For this shot, I also used 2 off camera speedlights.

Ill try a smaller aperture n see what happens. Looking on google and Flickr, I don't see many tact sharp shots. I think it's the nature of the technique.

You're making images with light moving as your subject, not a macro of a spider. How "sharp" does it really need to be?

I was wondering if there was a way to make it sharper. I'm happy with the image. I need to work on my handwriting but overall it's ok.

I'll implement some creativity like painting a car or a bike or do something but this is good for my first attempt.

Is this the sharpness you're looking for?

$image-182547134.jpg

Nice Tyler, I think I'd like that better without the streaks through the center, but that's pretty sweet. What did you use?

thetrue said:
Nice Tyler, I think I'd like that better without the streaks through the center, but that's pretty sweet. What did you use?

The streaks through the center were the source of the light. It was steel wool that was lit on fire and spun around in a warehouse. f/8 @ 35mm for 30 seconds

Yes the lines are perfect. So f8 it is. It's new to me so I'm learning.

Have you ever been in the dark with one light available and move the camera while the shutter is open to make a pattern? Same technique but now moving the camera instead of the light source.

I don't think that would be as effective, and definitely not anywhere near as controlled.

Pre-focus using a flashlight on an object placed where you plan to work, then shut off AF on the lens. Allow enough DOF using aperture so that you don't stray out of the sharpness zone.

I've dabbled in this sort of thing from time to time:

The_Enchanted_Place_6273.jpg

Once again, your holiness..... :hail: :hail: :hail:

Pre-focus using a flashlight on an object placed where you plan to work, then shut off AF on the lens. Allow enough DOF using aperture so that you don't stray out of the sharpness zone.

I've dabbled in this sort of thing from time to time:

The_Enchanted_Place_6273.jpg

Ok how did you do it? That is amazing. I don't see the ghosting of the person that drew it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back