Light stands and Umbrellas for Flashes

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit DFUMK B&H Photo VideoThe above link is exactly what I'm looking for. There are some complaints about the shoe not holding the flash properly which doesnt make sense to me. Doesnt the flash hold itself to the mount? I understand it has a small screw for added protection but I thought the flash is responsible for holding itself up? Would you say this kit is a bad idea and if so do you have something you can recommend?

On my umbrella/flash mount, if the screw on the mount is too far out (too loose), there won't be anything for the flash to grip. It takes some care to make sure the screw on the mount is tight enough to grip the flash's foot, so the foot can grip onto the mount. I have had a flash fall off once. I would rather have a mount that doesn't adjust, but they work ok... I just have to be extra careful.

I always keep a roll of gaffers tape on me and even if i spent more money im pretty sure id throw a hefty piece of tape on for reassurance so I dont see why i shouldnt buy these. I want sandbags as well but the shipping costs as much as one sandbag, so i might make my own sandbag haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back