Light Through the Alley

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_1711-01.jpg

Beautiful colour, I like the way even with the bright light, you were able to keep nice colour and detail in the shadows. Well done. I like it.

I love the composition and the colours are gorgeous. It's like the sunset is trying to hide round the corner.

That is a neat effect that you saw and photographed. Very well exposed, both the bright lit wall - really golden in that light! - as well as the brick wall in the shade are perfect. Did you achieve this right away? (I'm not sure I could do that...!?!?!)
And the topic you chose is sooooooo different from the nature shots you have impressed us with of late. And yet equally impressive. You're just good. Simple as that.

Well done. The composition is great.

great shot Cruzin. i like the comment about the sunset hiding around the corner..there's another title! it's also cool you can see the light penetrating to the inside of the building. very nice work!

My internet service was down for 4 days so I couldn't reply, power source for the modem wasn't working properly. :grumpy:

I used a polorizing filter, which cut the glare down drastically. Exposed for highlights, slight adjustment in levels, added sharpening. The picture was taken as the sun was about to set, the building is on a hill so I didn't quite get the full effect of the sun which helped to even out the light.

Lafoto, the picture would have been very hard to take without a polorizing filter and light meter. Would have had too bracket the exposure.

Mad-Malteaser thanks for the title.

JonMikal, I thought the light was pretty cool too.

Thank you all for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back